So I guess you want me to get on with it and show you some things I’ve written, right? Here we go!
Wonderland Healing Center:
Jayne Becca Yoga:
Personal development/self-help articles
Huffington Post – If We Really Want To Tackle Bullying, it Starts With Ourselves
Remote Lands (via Archipelago Communications):
- 5 Educational Activities for your Kids in Singapore
- 5 Adrenaline-inducing Adventures for Active Travelers in Singapore
Guest post for Chris Fielden about my writing residency in Thailand:
Click here to read my testimonials and references.
- I have over seven years experience in writing groups – writing, critiquing and editing short stories, novels and novellas, screenplays, and non-fiction. This involves not only line edits and proofreading, but also discussions and advice given around plot, flow, characterisation, voice and tone.
- I am a co-founder of Stokes Croft Writers, creators of the Bristol-based storytelling night – Talking Tales.
- In February/ March 2018, I attended a 6-week writing residency in Thailand at The Content Castle. I wrote content and copy, plus looked after social media accounts, in return for accommodation and food. I wrote articles about travel, eye health, recruitment, yoga, detoxing, and managed social media accounts and MailChimp newsletters for a yoga center.
- I’ve been published in the Huffington Post, and was interviewed on BBC2 and Radio 5 live following a blog I wrote about a popular Netflix show.
- I wrote a monthly column about body image for 12 months for Zusterschap – an online lifestyle magazine. The site is no longer live but they moved some of their content to a Tumblr account and you can find a testimonial from one of the founders of Zusterschap on my testimonials page.
- I’ve completed several short courses on various topics including scriptwriting, travel writing, flash fiction and characterisation workshops at the Bristol Folk House, plus online digital marketing and social media courses through Future Learn.
- YouTube has been my main learning go-to place! I taught myself everything I know about WordPress, SEO, keyword research and blog promotion through YouTube. I still regularly use it to learn new skills and keep up with digital marketing trends.
- I’m a judge for an annual short story writing competition called To Hull and Back. I’ve been on the judging panel for three years.
- I performed a short story on BBC Radio Bristol for a comedy programme called ‘Speechbubble’ and I regularly perform at storytelling and comedy events in Bristol.
- ‘Notable Contender’ for the Bristol Short Story Prize in 2013.
- One of my novels was written as part of NaNoWriMo 2015 (writing a novel in a month).
- Awarded 3rd place in the Henshaw Press short story competition and was subsequently published in their anthology. Shortlisted for The Plough Prize and also for the Plymouth Writers Group Competition. Highly commended and published in the Darker Times Anthology.
- FB, Twitter and Instagram content, engagement and scheduling for Wonderland Healing Center in Thailand. Creating monthly social media analytics reports and email newsletters via MailChimp. personal sourcing of videos and photographs to share on social media.
- Facebook and Twitter content creation and scheduling for Relate Avon, a relationship counselling organization. One-year contract.
- Twitter – Stokes Croft Writers. Growth, content creation and engagement for over two years. Our popular storytelling night (Talking Tales) is promoted mainly through this account.
- Creative Bridges 2017 – Twitter account management, email handling, Survey Monkey design and general conference organisation assistance.
- Microsoft – Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher etc
- Social Media – creating content plus scheduling using Hootsuite, Buffer, Planable and Grum.
- Basic FB and Twitter analytics and report writing.
- WordPress – building and running skills in both WordPress.org and .com
- Weebly blogging.
- SEO and keywords – optimization of web pages and blog posts including basic keyword research.
- Software: Trello, Slack, reservation and booking systems such as Opera and Fidelio.
- Basic sound editing using Audacity.
- Creating basic web graphic designs and eBook covers on Canva.
- Able to write in UK or US English as required.
I worked in reception and administration roles for thirteen years, in the hospitality industry and in the charity sector. I was the Office Manager at Relate Avon for five years, during which time I coordinated counsellor schedules across three offices and managed a team of ten receptionists. My extensive admin experience has made me an efficient, organised, friendly, approachable person.
I’d love to hear from you. Contact me to discuss how we might be able to work together.